I just purchased a bread making machine today! Rather, I picked it up from my local Walmart when it arrived from their HQ when I ordered it online 5 days prior. I can’t believe how easy it is to make bread, keep reading to learn how you can make a simple loaf too!
My search process was very simple. I searched “Bread maker” and I was bombarded with multiple brands, versions, color and most importantly, a big difference in price range. Based on the number and rating of reviewers from a few department store online sites, I decided to go with this one.
BRAND: Hamilton Beach 29881 Breadmaker
PRICE: $39 from Walmart online
RATING: 4.5 stars based on a 514 reviews on Walmart
SIZE: 13.8″ x 13″ x 16.8″
WEIGHT: 14.9 lbs
- 12 settings include: French, gluten-free, quick bread, sweet, 1.5 lb express, 2 lb express, dough, jam, cake, whole grain and bake
- Includes 2 kneading paddles
- Light, medium or dark crust
- Dishwasher safe bread pan and paddles
- Audible reminder for fruits and nuts
- Cool touch body
- Nonslip feet
- Includes recipe booklet with Bob’s Mill Custom Gluten-Free Recipes so you can create delicious, gluten-free breads at home
- Model# 29881
- Compact size can fit on any kitchen countertop
- Modern, sleek design
- Bake up to 2 lb loaves with quick express settings
So far, I’ve made one loaf of plain white bread and it came out really well! It’s soooooo easy! The machine came with a few recipes, so I followed one. Two pounds of bread in 3 hours but in reality it only took me 10 minutes to gather the ingredients and pressed the start button. HOW you ask?? The machine comes with a peddler that kneads the dough time accordingly. A combo of bread flour, water, oil/butter, salt, sugar, and yeast. Dump it all in and press the start button on your desire setting. Three hours later, BOOM, you have fresh, hot, delicious loaf of bread.
Once I tweaked the recipe I’ll make another post with the ingredients and cost. But I highly recommend purchasing a bread machine. Can’t believe it took me so long!