Background story: I don’t know if it happens to you, but you find yourself getting a friend request from someone that you went to their Facebook page prior. – In my case, it was a classmate from middle school. Although we never really had a conversation, we acknowledged each other’s existence. S/he might have even asked me for a pen during our English class! Well, I went to their Facebook page before the friend request because I recognize the name. Then I wondered if somehow that person found me because I went onto their page. So I googled to see if that’s possible.
Result: Found a way to see who have seen your profile. Not worth my time to do it because I couldn’t copy and paste the ID #. But for the curious minds, I’ve taken the liberty to copy verbatim below for you.
- Its easy to do. Just follow these steps and you’ll succeed in finding out who visited your Facebook Profile!
- Go To Your Facebook timeline- facebook.com/xyz
- Right click on your timeline and hit “View page Source”.
- Now, you’ll be redirected to a new page with lots codes.
- Hold CTRL+F on your keyboard, a text box appears at the right corner, in that box, type- “InitialChatFriendsList” (Don’t include Quotes)
- Next to that word, you’ll see a list of numbers, these are the profile ID’s of people who visit your timeline.
- Just go to “facebook.com” and paste the ID number beside it with a “/” . For example, if the ID is abcd, you have to put it as- facebook.com/abcd.
- The first ID shows the one who visits profile more often while the last ID never visits your profile!